FableVision is always on the lookout for fresh talent. If you’re an artist, animator, developer, producer, user experience designer, or writer we’d love to hear from you. Staff or freelance, we generally prefer to work with people local to the Boston area – mainly so that we can work WITH you onsite on a regular basis. We're a fan of the team thing, which means studio camaraderie.
Interested in working at FableVision? Think you fit the bill?
We offer unpaid internships in art, production, and marketing throughout the year. We require that all interns be current students doing internships for credit.
Our internships provide an opportunity to learn industry skills and obtain professional experience in a fun, dynamic environment. Interns can focus on design/animation, marketing, or production, and are given projects that correspond to their experience and skill level. You can hear an inside perspective on our intern-written blog InternVision.
Our internships generally have three internship periods during the year: spring semester (January-April), summer (May-August), and fall (September-December). The deadline for summer internship applications is April 1. The deadline for fall internships is August 1. The deadline for spring internships is December 1.
From the Intern Desk
Marketing and art interns also have the option to complete an independent project during their time with us. This could be a podcast, a blog series, a video project, or something of your own making! Hear from some of our former interns to hear what they had to say about their time interning at FableVision Studios!
The production team works with every member of FableVision. Production intern tasks include:
- Gain deeper insight into our creative projects and learn how we take the client’s vision from an idea to a reality.
- Review long term and weekly schedules to assist in team coordination.
- Perform testing on prototype, alpha, and beta interactives.
- Complete office tasks such as preparing materials for meetings and organizing files.
- Assist production assistants with variety of assignments, from scratch voice recordings to project meeting prep.
- Provide feedback at various stages of projects.
- Conduct background research on topics ranging from mobile apps to new children's TV shows.
- Engage in bi-weekly readings and discussions.
We are looking for current students who are passionate about:
- Media production, TV, and animation
- Gaming, game-based learning, and interactive media
- Design, user experience, and emerging technologies
Send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look for creative artists who can work independently and learn new skills on the job. Owning a laptop and digital tablet is also helpful, but not required.
Art interns assist with various types of
- Web design
- Game design and production
- Print design
Computer experience is required in at least
three of the following:
- Adobe Flash
If you're an animator, we like to see examples of Flash animation, since that is what we use the most. Other kinds of animation are also fine to send, as well as sketches, paintings and drawings. If you are a designer, we like to see examples of web design or print design.
Interested artists should send samples of their work by email or web link. There is a lot of competition for internships, so the more work you can show us, the better.
Send your information to email@example.com.
Marketing interns assist the marketing team in a variety of ways. Marketing intern tasks include the following:
- Learn about the company's full range of offerings and projects and suggest ways to promote and market our company, projects, and services.
- Write for and maintain social media profiles.
- Conduct internet research on various topics ranging from mobile applications to new children's television shows.
- Write short reports about research and communicate research results to marketing team.
- Draft, proofread, and copyedit various marketing collateral.
- Assist with planning Studio open house events and client launch parties.
- Complete office tasks such as updating client information and mailing lists, and assisting staff on various projects.
We are looking for people who are interested in:
- Writing and communications
- Brand management
- Marketing, specifically social networking
- Educational media, including television, web, mobile, and gaming
Send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.